Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Check out: Ten Questions with Seth Godin

Guy Kawasaki, who blogs over at Signum sine tinnitu, has posted Ten Questions with Seth Godin. (one of my favorite non-librarian blogger/writers.)

Seth on books:

Books are the new t-shirts. We used to buy t-shirts as a way of covering our hard abs. Now, though, the purpose of the t-shirt is to be a souvenir, to give us a concrete way to remember something that mattered to us—and to give us an easy way to spread that idea to others.

Seth on how blogs help build brands:

...human beings respond to stories, and stories, the best ones, are personal.

Seth on five things that enabled him to be successful:

  1. No ulterior motive. I rarely do A as a calculated tactic to get B. I do A because I believe in A, or it excites me or it's the right thing to do. That’s it. No secret agendas.

  2. I don't think my audience owes me anything. It's always their turn.

  3. I'm in a hurry to make mistakes and get feedback and get that next idea out there. I'm not in a hurry, at all, to finish the "bigger" project, to get to the finish line.

  4. I do things where I actually think I'm right, as opposed to where I think succeeding will make me successful. When you think you're right, it's more fun and your passion shows through.

  5. I've tried to pare down my day so that the stuff I actually do is pretty well leveraged. That, and I show up. Showing up is underrated. (emphasis is
    mine -pb)

If you like what you read, check out the rest of the post here, then amble on over to Seth's blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home