Monday, September 24, 2007

Crickets in the Garden

I hear the sounds of crickets in the garden -- the Library Garden, that is! My guess is that not only myself but all the other members of our blog team have been swallowed whole by September and all that it entails with the start of the academic year, new jobs, and new programs to plan. Not to mention that we have had a lot of good weather in NJ the last few weeks and I, for one, am taking time to enjoy it while I can. I do believe that this is officially the longest our blog has been quiet.

When Pete, Robert and I first talked about starting Library Garden we really felt that having 6-7 contributors was essential. The three of us all knew that our schedules would not allow for us to have individual blogs that we could maintain with any sort of consistency, but we felt we had a good shot if we had a team to blog with us. Our strategy has worked so far and I know that this silence on LG is just a matter of life trumping blogging for a few weeks.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At September 26, 2007 6:20 AM, Blogger Robert J. Lackie said...

Yes--you are so very correct in your assessment of September and all the work that seems to come with it, Janie! I just read your post (trying to fit even reading into my schedule right now is tough!), and I fondly remember our discussions of beginning the Library Garden blog--seems so long ago now. On that note, it was at the beginning of Library Garden in early 2006 when my son became a full time National Guard member and left for desert training and then the Middle East. Happily, I can say that another one of the reasons for my lull in blogging is because our son Chris just came back to the U.S., not to mention that my wife Renee started a new job this month as a part time graphic artist while also taking classes at Rider University, and I am putting my promotion package together! Yes, it is busy in the Lackie household, but it’s all good! I do, however, promise to 'get back to work' at the Garden soon ;) Thanks for the post, Janie, and sorry for the lengthy reply—but I couldn’t help myself!

 
At September 26, 2007 9:18 PM, Blogger Janie L. Hermann said...

Lengthy replies are good Robert, after all this is not just a blog but a "conversation among librarians". I am so thrilled that Chris is home again after his extended tour. I am also thrilled to learn about Renee's new job! Good luck with the promotion!

 
At September 27, 2007 10:48 PM, Blogger Amy J. Kearns, MLIS said...

Thanks for posting this, Janie, I have some posts in my mind but it sure has been a busy time!!!! I am eager to get back to regulary gardening soon....

Robert, SO happy that Chris is back!!!! :-)

See you all soon - on Oct. 9th!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home